Work for Us
VW is looking to hire 2 full time setters. Please read job description below. All interested applicants are welcome to apply. “Home” location is flexible and can be determined by preference or proximity to a VW location.
The job of a Routesetter is to deliver the primary product consumed by Vertical World clientele, climbing. It is the duty of a VW Routesetter to consistently produce industry leading routes and boulders at any given VW location. Routesetters report directly to each facilities Head Routesetter or Gym Manager.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Setting 3-5 days a week
· Show up on time and ready to work
· Be an active part of a motivating and positive setting environment
· Execute any tasks or goals from Head Setter or Gym Manager
· Keep up to date with training material from Head Setter
· Executing tasks in a timely manner
· Maintain a clean work space
· Keep climbing wall surfaces and equipment up to VW and manufacturer standards
· Set for competitions and events at VW
· Any other tasks that are delegated from Head Setter or Gym Manager
Preferred Experience and Abilities
· Previous commercial setting experience
· Ability to set 2-3 rope routes and 5-10 boulders in a day
· High access rope skills
· Self-motivated, hard-working, and able to act independently
· Previous experience working in an environment where feedback/constructive criticism is welcomed and desired
· Ability to deal with difficult circumstances with a positive attitude
· Competition experience and USAC certification
Vertical World is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage those of all backgrounds to apply if interested.
Pay depends on experience
Benefits include: Health and dental insurance if full time (30+ hrs), Free membership +1 for same household partnerships, PTO/Sick pay, access to all Seattle area gyms, pro deals, retirement plan after 2 years employment, necessary setting gear provided by VW.
To apply, please email a resume and cover letter to: Bret